here’s the 2nd instalment of #joytotheyogis, xmas edition! <: are you guys excited? because i am!
here is the list of 31 poses that we are rocking this xmas:
- Revolved wide legged standing forward fold
- Rabbit pose
- Warrior 3 with eagle arms
- Standing splits
- Fallen angel
- Hindi squat
- Seated side stretch
- Handstand prep
- Wheel pose / forearm wheel
- Hero / reclining hero pose
- Funky dolphin pose*
- Thread the needle pose*
- Bow pose variation*
- Centre split*
- Trikonasana variation*
- Standing hand to big toe pose
- Upward plank
- Standing half bound lotus forward bend
- Lizard pose variation*
- Headstand prep
- Noose pose
- Shoulder stand with lotus
- Warrior I with backbend
- King dancer’s pose
- Tree pose
- Standing forehead to knee pose
- Exalted warrior
- Standing back bend*
- Side plank variation*
- Crow pose
For poses with an asterisk (*), I will be introducing funky variations to the pose. So look out for my post of the day, or feel free to add in your own fun variations as well! <:
To check out my #joytotheyogis post of the day, click here <:
I will be having lots of variations for beginners as well. So don’t feel discouraged, and just keep trying!
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Post your yoga pose of the day on tumblr and tag it with “#joytotheyogis”! You can also tag me “#sassyyogi" and I will definitely look through every single post and like/comment/reblog them! <:
2. I will also be hosting the challenge on instagram as well. Add me on instagram (@sassyyogi) and my personal instagram (@angelineeeez), and similarly, tag your instagram photos with “#joytotheyogis”!
3. You are encouraged to write a little daily log for your yoga practice with your yoga posts every day. Writing is a great way to document your yoga journey. It can be your mood that day, your first arm balance, or just any kinds of self-reflection! It doesn’t have to be an essay, a few words or sentences will suffice. That way, at the end of the month, you’ll be able to look at how far you’ve come!
4. Every week, I will also feature a couple of yogis taking part in the yoga challenge! <: So take part in the challenge, get creative and wacky in your photos, and you might be featured on my blog!
5. Remember, have fun, smile, be joyful! Don’t worry about being inflexible, for being not strong enough. We all start somewhere, and we are all on a journey together!
6. Feel free to join in any time you want! You can play catch up, or just start on whichever day we are at! No stress there!
Feel free to ask me any questions if you have, and enjoy this month’s challenge! <3 It’s the last month of 2013, so let’s make it count! Namaste. <3